At ONS we will show how we can solve the challenges we face in our company and for our industry. To reach our goals there is a great need for change and innovation.
We must cut costs and increase productivity, by enhancing the way we work and innovate throughout the value chain.
Aker BP want to lead on in the digitalization, and you will see that when you visit our stand. The vision is to digitalize the entire life cycle for our operations.
The rewards will be:
- Increased productivity
- Better quality
- Shorten the time we use on different processes
- Reduce environmental impact and improve safety for our employees
We want to do things differently and challenge the business’ mindset and way to operate. We will be happy to be the oil business’ Google or Spotify!
To become more digital, we have three important areas to work with:
- Prioritization of data that is our fundament (many sources/silos)
- To be able to smart use of data, and we cooperate with Cognite to solve this
- We would like to share data and make it accessible, not just for us in Aker BP, but for the entire value chain. That is why we use the term; Data Liberation
We want a Norwegian Continental Shelf that:
- Has all data available with an open API standard, that enable big data analysis
- Where we separate data and applications
- We share data throughout the value chain
About Aker BP:
- Aker BP is a fully-fledged oil company with a lot of activities in exploration, development and operations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- We have a clear ambition: To create the leading exploration- and production company offshore
- Measured by production, Aker BP is one of the biggest independent oil companies in Europe, and registered on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE). Average production during the first half of 2018 was 158 000 barrels per day.
- Aker BP has a balanced portfolio and is operating the field centers Valhall, Ula, Ivar Aasen, Alvheim and Skarv.
- The company is headquartered in Fornebu, Oslo, and we have branches in Stavanger, Trondheim, Harstad and Sandnessjøen.
- 1400 people are employed in Aker BP, and we are growing, in 2018 we will hire nearly 300 new colleagues
Aker BP is owned by Aker ASA (40 %), BP (30 %), others (30%).